Tuesday, 16 September 2008

Bridge Project

A Bridge made of newspaper that can support 20 kg..well...ours...ingeniously good method but unpredictable outcome, we failed!
Why? Bad design! I proposed a better one and yet, by votes, I lost!
Methods to roll?
A table on top of the paper
Design:
Initially, it was a cable stayed bridge, but then, we want to minimize the hassle of the bridge, then we do the beam bridge.
Supposedly, I wanted a bottom supported beam bridge, but members denied cos of weight problem of the bridge!

Outcome:
It failed due to crack in the middle.NEVER join two rolls of paper with a gap in the center, confirm fail!(for example, us)

Best design recommended:
Truss bridge relatively the best in our experiment throughout our sessions
5o kg loads!!failed bridge
other failed group
see?
Vincent rubbed his head after the bridge failed
massacre
best among the group
remainders as photo

the other groups
our group

broke

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin